Copyright 2017 Private Energy Informational Fund
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ANY PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and a current property owner residing in current markets of the licensed and registered contractors Private Energy Informational Fund conducts regular business with. This campaign is only open to legal residents of California, El Paso County, TX, Florida, & Arizona (our current market), and limited to specific geographic markets within the states we operate, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Private Energy Informational Fund , its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules. By participating in this Campaign you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Private Energy Informational Fund as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 6/15/2017, 4:00pm PST and ending 9/1/2017, 12:00am PST. All online entries must be received by 8/31/2017, 11:59 PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using on of the multiple platforms associated with the freeenergyinformation.com website. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Private Energy Informational Fund. Private Energy Informational Fund work with local licensed contractors to verify and ensure roof rights, durability, and structural safety of the rooftop owned by the winner of this campaign. If the ownership, structural integrity, permitting, or any other issue arises that makes installation of a solar system on the winners home unsafe or is not legally permitted Private Energy Informational Fund reserves the right void the winning and select a new winner. Furthermore, any contestant that does not live in a utility district the contractors we work with do not operate, the contestant will not be eligible for installation or equipment. Further disqualifications of any contestant that is not a homeowner or impersonates any type of property owner. This contest is not eligible for commercial or agricultural, and is limited to residential properties only. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once, unless you have shared our link which limits you two total entries per household. You must provide the information requested completely to compete. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Private Energy Informational Fund.
5. Prizes: The Winner of our solar giveaway (the “Winner”) will receive a up rooftop solar system installed by a local, licensed contractor. The system size will not exceed 4 KW. This system may be smaller dependent on roof space and available installation as determined by local rules and regulations. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. THERE IS NO CASH VALUE FOR THIS CONTEST. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Private Energy Informational Fund and the selected local contractor for the installation. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Private Energy Informational Funds discretion. The prize is nontransferable. If the winner chooses to increase the size of the system or add any additional equipment they may do so by purchasing any extras from the installation company and this must be requested prior to installation. If the winner so chooses to increase size or equipment, they will do so at full value of the system with a $10,000 credit provided by the installing company towards the purchase of any system. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Private Energy Informational Fund to use Winner’s name, audio, video, photographic images, any likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Private Energy Informational fund. Winner will be notified in person, by email, and/or telephone, within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Private Energy Informational Fund shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Private Energy Informational Fund's SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Private Energy Informational Fund, anyone acting on behalf of Private Energy Informational Fund, and Private Energy Informational’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Private Energy Informational Fund reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Private Energy Informational Fund’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Private Energy Informational Fund may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Private Energy Informational Fund. Private Energy Informational Fund reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Private Energy Informational Fund has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Private Energy Informational Fund reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
All contestants agree and understand that by providing information in this contest that Private Energy Informational Fund or our affiliate companies have permission to contact regarding energy efficient options for your home. If you do not wish for Private Energy Informational Fund to contact you by email or phone you may opt out at any time by communicating your request to any of our call center agents at 877-375-1917 without penalty or lost entry. You may also send a request to opt-out to Private Energy Informational Fund, 3504 Atwater Blvd. Atwater, CA 95301
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Private Energy Informational Fund and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF US AND the state of California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Private Energy Informational Fund 3504 Atwater Blvd, Atwater, CA 95301. Requests must be received no later than October 1, 2017,5pm PST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Private Energy Informational Fund 3504 Atwater, Blvd Atwater, CA 95301, US. Private Energy Informational Fund is not a licensed contractor and does not sell or install any home improvement or energy efficiency products. Private Energy Informational Fund is an informational source providing residential energy education and information to residential consumers.
15. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Private Energy Informational Fund is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By checking above, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.